Sunday, July 10, 2005

I guess after sleeping on it yesterdays race wasn't too bad i had just hoped to reach my handicap and i missed it by about 10 secs...nothing much over 10km but hmmmmmm!

my splits were as follows
4.01
4.08
4.19
4.42
4.42
4.52
4.23
4.44
4.33
4.08

so a couple of quick ones at the start and a couple of slow ones around the drink stations.
i will turn up more hydrated next time and wont stop for a drink.

I didnt do any incantations in the race as i forgot,perhaps they would have helped me to feel stronger and not do so much walking.

I can see when ive slowed down it takes a while to speed back up again.
Pasco gave me some advice at about the 1 km mark and told me to loosen my shoulders up and i realised i was rather tense also he asked if i was going too fast and i replied with a grin "maybe!"

well its two weeks 'til the nine miler now and i think i ought to get a run in up there today before i go on holidays to hamilton on tuesday (should try to get in a few runs up there as well)
I will read my new book ULTRA MARATHONMAN about DEAN KANAZES which i am really looking forward to this book was my prize for our 2nd place effort in the trivia night last week
anyhow ciao R2B

2 comments:

tim said...

nice 1st and last km. Now all you need is to do that 8 more times :)

Enjoy the book, I liked it.

tim

R2B said...

cheers buddy ps where were you?